Destination Markham Corporation: Markham Safe Ambassador
Posted January 21, 2021
Markham, ON, CA
Salary Range: Up to $16.00 Hourly
Applications being accepted until February 5, 2021
PDF Job Description
Destination Markham Corporation is the employer for this position.
Start and End Dates: Monday, February 8, 2021, to Friday, March 26, 2021
Number of Hours per Week: 35.00 hours
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday Daytime (flexible schedule, may include some evenings and weekends)
Ambassadors work as an integral segment of the Destination Markham Corporation’s “Markham Safe” initiative. This major initiative is directed to assist businesses in the economic recovery efforts of Markham’s tourism, hospitality, attraction, and retail sectors.
Launched in August 2020, the “Markham Safe” recovery initiative and marketing campaign communicates the safety measures businesses are taking to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to re-establish consumer confidence by communicating Markham is open for business and safe for consumers.
Destination Markham Corporation (DMC) is seeking “Markham SAFE” ambassadors/staff to connect with businesses and consumers, developing and executing grass-root activations and continue fostering relationships with businesses in Markham. As a presence in the community, the Markham Safe Ambassadors act as a critical Business to Business and Business to Consumer interface to develop and execute meaningful grass-root activations, and to provide comprehensive information and support.
DMC is looking for individuals who are actively involved and connected with their community.
- To facilitate helping businesses stay open with the proper health and safety measures in place, complying with recognized standards and government guidelines, re-establishing consumers’ confidence through education
- In alignment with government guidelines, to educate and help consumers confidently stay at Markham’s hotels, eat and drink at restaurants, shop, play and resume their activities safely
- Track critical business information and interactions in a central database, cross-referencing resources, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and attention to detail
- Update business resources and toolkit information such as policies, grants, and programs
- To connect with businesses to disseminate key information on health and safety measures, PPE, and government support; to distribute health and safety tool kits
- Assist businesses in applications and registration processes related to the Markham Safe initiatives and marketing campaigns
- Act as a business and consumer-facing resource through live chat integrations for the Destination Markham website, or via telephone inquiries
- Other duties as required
- Relevant experience and/or studies (College or University) in tourism, hospitality, event marketing and communications.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal), Mandarin and/or Cantonese
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and remotely
- Comfortable interacting with members of the public by phone and in-person
- Strong and clear communicator, takes initiative, outgoing personality
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office tools, Google Drive applications
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with data entry and CRM is considered an asset
Please note that the employer for this opportunity is Destination Markham Corporation.
Destination Markham Corporation welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities and will work with you to meet your needs upon request. Please note, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
For further questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org