COVID 19 Health & Safety
COVID-19 Health & Safety
City of Markham Health & Saftey
The City of Markham continues to monitor and follow advice from public health officials at the federal, provincial and regional levels. The City is taking a responsible and measured approach to reopening, which is guided by the Government of Ontario’s Keeping Ontario Safe & Open COVID-19 response framework and the City of Markham’s Response, Recovery & Reinvention Plan.
The health and safety of our visitors, community and staff remain our number one priority.
For more information, visit markham.ca/covid19.
Residents are asked to stay at home as much as possible and limit close contact with those in your immediate household. If possible, use curbside pickup or online shopping.
If you leave the house for shopping, here are some tips to consider:
- Before going out, check to see if what you’re looking for can be ordered online from a local business
- If you must go into a store, time your trip during off-peak hours when it will be easier to maintain a safe distance of 2 metres/6 feet from others
- Inquire about curbside pick-up and other safety shopping options
- Plan ahead to limit the amount of time you spend in stores
- Follow the rules set out by stores, respect occupancy limits and please be patient and kind
- Follow directional arrows and safety signs as these are in place for everyone’s safety
- A face mask or covering is required while in public spaces, including retail stores
- Make sure you know the new regulations required of malls and retailers
- Download the COVID Alert app
Visit markham.ca/CovidSafety to find out how else you can do your part to stop the spread of the deadly novel coronavirus.
The City of Markham is working 24/7 to keep Markham safe.
Municipal Law Enforcement Officers are prioritizing COVID-19 related calls during this busy shopping season. To report a business or individual not adhering to COVID-19 safety measures, please contact 905.477.7000 x2050 or firstname.lastname@example.org.