Back to normal is up to you!
Protect yourself & others:
- Wear a mask or face covering
- Wash your hands
- Keep a safe distance from others (2 metres/6 feet)
During these challenging times, the health and safety of our community and employees is our number one priority.
The City of Markham’s COVID-19 Team is working closely with public health officials at the regional, provincial and national levels concerning the evolving novel coronavirus situation.
The City is taking a responsible and measured approach to reopening, which is guided by the Government of Ontario’s Framework for Reopening the Province and the City of Markham’s Response, Recovery & Reinvention Plan.
If you see something, say something:
- Report violations to public health orders to York Regional Police:
During these changing and unprecedented times, York Region continues to take decisive and meaningful action to protect residents, businesses and staff from COVID-19. York Region is in constant collaboration with provincial and national health agencies, receiving regular updates as the COVID-19 pandemic evolves. This allows the Region to take well-informed and meaningful steps towards stopping the spread of COVID-19.
All York Region residents are asked to:
- Stay home as much as possible
- Practice physical distancing with anyone outside of your household by staying 2-metres away from everyone else
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often
- Practice respiratory etiquette
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands
- Wear a face mask or covering when inside public places or when 2-metres distance cannot be maintained between yourself and others (outside of your household)
- Clean high-touch surfaces often
- Download the COVID-Alert app
It is important to monitor yourself for symptoms of COVID-19 and seek assessment and testing if necessary. If you have any severe symptoms, such as difficulty breathing or chest pain, call 911.